Thursdays 11am - 12pm with tea and biscuits after
ABOUT THE CLASS
Mum (or Dad) & Baby Yoga (from 7weeks - walking)
Postnatal yoga uses movement, balance and relaxation to allow your body to recover from pregnancy and birth. It helps to heal the body and mind, and repair all the tissues back to their former glory. It is designed for mums with their babies and so incorporates the little ones into the practice, either using yoga asanas to keep the babies entertained, or holding the babies as part of the yoga itself.
The class is designed to nurture new mums and provide a safe environment for them to heal and repair their bodies, to talk about their experiences of birth and as a new mum, and safely allow them to reconnect with their bodies.
Rosie has been a yoga student for over 13 years, and qualified as a teacher in 2016. She teaches Vinyasa, Prenatal, Postnatal and Restorative yoga classes all across London. She is interested in ways in which yoga can bring about a deeper and more positive connection to our bodies, each other and the world around us. Her classes are challenging and fun, with attention to alignment and use of props to help you find a pose that feels good in your body.
- Restores hormonal balance
- Eases pressure on the nervous system
- Helps build up strength and realign the spine
- Minimises the effects of holding and feeding a baby
- Helps ease the effects of other heavy lifting (eg car seats)
- Provides rest and instant relaxation
- Helps reduce anxiety and depression
- Restores the body towards full core strength.
- Promotes stamina and strength
- Tones the deep abdominal muscles to ‘close the body’ after birth
- Helps knits back together separated abdominal muscles
- Relieves stiffness in the shoulders
- Strengthens pelvic floor muscles
- Maintains flexibility in the spine and joints
What to expect?
A safe and active postnatal yoga practice where you can tune back into your body with your baby. Focus is on stabilising and gently strengthening the core and creating space in the upper body, and having fun with your baby. Partners and close friends are welcome too, if you want to share the caring duties!
Welcome from 7 weeks until they're just walking. Tea, biscuits and chats with the other parents afterwards.
What to bring?
Just bring yourself, your baby and blanket, we have toys, mats and all equipment.
We are in between Elephant and Castle and Camberwell, Urlwin Street is opposite the entrance to Burgess Park.