Saturdays 10:45am - 11:45am
ABOUT THE CLASS
Year 2-3 Football
This session has been running now for the last 5 years and has continued to grow and has been become a huge success. The main aim of this session is to ensure all of the children have fun, and a safe playing environment is created where the children are able to make mistakes and learn from them.
Coach George also the founder of Mini Sports Stars created this session 2 years ago and has watched it continue to grow and be more of a success. Coach George has a fantastic playing background, having grown up playing at a good standard of football. He also recently just won Sports Active Hero for the borough of Merton, so really understands the importance of staying active, getting into good habits in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Coach Danny has represented Mini Sports Stars from the very start and has been a valuable ambassador to the club. Coach Danny has an exceptional playing ground, having represented Chelsea football club from u14’s up to u16’s before joining Queens Park Rangers where he played up to the age of 18. His enthusiasm and passion for football allows him to create and build outstanding rapports between himself and the players, resulting in the players enjoying themselves to their maximum capacity.
We believe there are many benefits attending this football session. Some of the benefits are:
- Stay active
- Lead and maintain a healthier lifestyle
- Interact and meet new mums
- An experience you can share with their parents / friends
- Feel internally confident and happier
- Improve and better football skills
- Understand specific values within sport - Leadership, Sportsmanship, Teamwork
- Learn important life values to make you a better person
What to expect?
Structured sessions played through fun games and activities to engage the children. All games played whereby participant has their OWN football throughout sessions to maximise touches of the football within session. Sessions finish with small-sided matches to ensure players still get touches of the football and develop understanding of the game.
What to bring?
Recommended things for the session:
- Comfortable / suitable playing clothes e.g. shorts in summer, jacket in rain etc
- Comfortable footwear e.g. trainers, astrotrufs etc
- Shin pads for match practises
- Water bottle
Granton Primary School, Granton Road, SW16 5AN
School easy to find, come through back entrance to school.
Lots of FREE parking available