Tuesdays 12:00pm, 1:30pm, 3:00pm
ABOUT THE CLASS
During this period of constant change, yoga provides a space where expecting and new mothers feel strong, grounded, rejuvenated, and inspired. It’s a complete practice for mothers to build strength and suppleness of the body and mind, but with respect for their bodies and the little passengers they carry on board (or already in their arms!).
Elisa completed her yoga teacher training while living in New York City and is Yoga Alliance UK registered. Since moving to London she has continued to pursue her own development as a student and as a teacher by training with some of the world's best teachers, including studying with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli to receive her pregnancy yoga certification. She teaches a fluid style of yoga to nourish the mind, body and spirit with inspiration drawn from her own continuously evolving practice and life—as an urban city-dweller, a woman, and a mother!
- Increased strength, endurance and suppleness of muscles needed for child-birthing.
- Decreased back pain, sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, neck/shoulder tension, and more.
- Vital breath practices for labouring and childbirth.
- Better quality of breath and increased oxygen flow to the womb.
- Improved sleep.
- Meditation and deep relaxation to prepare the mind as well as the body for birth.
- Suitable for practitioners of all levels (including beginners!)
What to expect?
Expecting mothers are guided through a fluid flow of postures fuelled by the breath and carefully designed to nourish and rejuvenate the mind, body, and spirit.
What to bring?
You should wear comfortable loose clothing that allows teachers to see your body, including your feet and legs. Mats and props provided.